08 July 2019
Launder for less - cold water washes are the most economical way to wash laundry, and washing powers are so effective these days there's no need for hot washes.
A standard 6kg washing machine used daily costs around $13 a year to run.*.
When considering investing in a washing machine, here's some great tips:
- Dissolving powder detergents before you add them to the washer will improve performance in cold water.
- Choose an auto-sensing machine, or adjust the water level to suit the load size.
- Do a warm wash every five loads or a hot wash every ten loads to remove any dirt and detergent that may build up in the washing machine.
- Save energy by using cold water to wash your clothes and other lightly soiled loads.
- Try to wash a full load rather than several smaller loads when possible.
Make sure your home is as energy efficient as possible - contact us today to book your free home energy assessment to find out how.