67% Home Insulation Grants
67% Insulation Subsidies
- Product description
- Product details
67% Subsidies. T&Cs apply.
"Warmer Kiwi Homes" is the new 4 year government programme offering grants covering 67% of the costs of ceiling and underfloor insulation and ground vapour barriers for eligible homeowners. The programme started 1st July 2018 and targets specific low income households only.
Register your interest today and we'll check if you're eligible and let you know what other financial support you may be entitled to.
What about Rental properties? Read about finance options for landlords.
67% Insulation Grants for Homeowners
Homeowners eligible under the current programme may also be eligible under the replacement Warmer Kiwi Homes programme which is exclusively for low income homeowners. The criteria to qualify for these grants of 67% of the costs for insulation and on-ground vapour barrier are wider than before:
To be eligible for a 67% insulation grant you will need to:
- be the occupying homeowner with a valid Community Services Card or SuperGold combo card; OR
- own and be living in a home in an area identified as lower-income (NZ Deprivation Index 9 or 10) OR
- be referred by the Healthy Homes Initiative, AND
- own a home built before 2008.
Heating Grants for Homeowners
The Warmer Kiwi Homes programme will offer grants for heat pumps and other heating options too. This programme doesn't start until July 2019 and the details are yet to be finalised, but register your interest today and we'll keep you informed.
We make the process easy:
- we can give you an estimate or contact your tenant to arrange a property inspection and supply a specific quote
- we supply and assist with all required documentation
- we install your product to best industry standard
- we give you a Statement of Insulation for your Tenancy Agreements
Subsidies for Rental Properties
Subsidies for landlords under the previous EECA Energywise Warm Up New Zealand: Healthy Homes programme offered insulation subsidies for landlords with eligible tenants and low income homeowners. This funding is no longer available as it has come to its scheduled end.
Instead we have other finance options available for landlords including:
- Mortgage Top Ups
- ANZ 4 year Interest Free Loans
- Squirrel Money Loans
- Local Council Targeted Rates Programmes
- Q Card finance
5 questions & answers about this product
What is the new EECA "Warmer Kiwi Homes" programme?
The new EECA "Warmer Kiwi Homes" programme offers grants of 67% of the costs for insulation, for eligible owner-occupied homes.
- Funding is available for ceiling and underfloor insulation, and ground moisture barriers.
- Eligibility in the new programme is only available for homeowners (owner-occupiers) for homes built prior to 2008 (previous programme 2000).
Eligibility for 67% OFF Insulation Costs
- The home must have been built prior to 2008
- Low income homeowners will be defined as those who either:
- have a Community Services Card or SuperGold Card with CSC endorsement, OR
- live in a New Zealand Deprivation Index decile 9 or 10 area, OR
- are families referred through the Ministry of Health’s Healthy Homes Initiative.
- Register your interest today and we'll contact you and let you know more.
Year 2 of the new Warmer Kiwi Homes programme, starting 1 July 2019, will include grants to install heating appliances once insulation is installed. The amount of funding and heating appliances to be included is yet to be confirmed.
What finance support is there if my property isn't eligible?
Even if you are not eligible for a subsidy we have a range of other financial support including:
- Options to pay off insulation on your local council rates over up to 10 years
- Information on adding insulation to your mortgage
- ANZ offers $5,000 interest-free finance for up to 4 years
- Finance options in association with Squirrel Money & Q Card
Our assessments are obligation free so what have you got to lose - book an assessment today.
Can anyone in the home have a Community Services Card to be eligible?
The homeowner needs a valid Community Services Card or SuperGold combo card to be eligible for the grant.
What products are covered in the Insulation Grant?
The Warmer Kiwi Homes programme covers ceiling and underfloor insulation, and where required ground vapour barriers.
Can I register interest?
Yes of course. Register your interest with us here and we'll contact you to arrange your free Assessment and quote.
3 customer reviews
Salesman and Installation team were awesome. The installation guys were friendly and did a good job. All in all we are happy with the end result and very thankful for the Government subsidy to help us have a warmer home and we have definitely noticed the difference.Simon, Waikato
Fast efficient service and met all the promises. Great to have the subsidy. Our elderly tenant is now nice and warm in winter.Robyn, Tauranga
Cost was significantly cheaper than competition due to insulation subsidy. A thorough initial professional quote, good communication, punctual install team. Very professional, friendly and very efficient. Final work checked by supervisor. Could not ask for better service. I don't give out recommendations lightly so well done and thank you.Ross, Christchurch
We give free advice, quotes and finance solutions for home insulation. Send your details and we'll call you back to help.
Hate filling in forms? Call us direct 0800 888 766
We answer 24 hours, 7 days a week so call us anytime.
Our customers have said
Price was good
Price was good. Every worker that came to us were professional, willing to help and explain everything. We’ve had lots of comments that our home doesn’t smell damp. We’re more than happy to use you again and happy to give anyone your number.Stan, Taranaki
Professional and friendly
Your company has done the insulation for the ceiling and underfloor of my house. The job was very well done. We appreciate what you guys have done for us and our house is much warmer now. I have to say thank you to the salesperson and the workers who put the blanket on. They are awesome. They are all very professional, friendly and helpful.Wei, Wellington
SES is true to its brand promise! Smart Energy Solutions is not just providing energy efficient solutions but has smart people who know and do their job well, with a high standard of workmanship and customer oriented in their dealings with clients. Also, please extend our gratitude to the management of EECA, Otago Community Trust and Cozy Kiwi. No words are enough to express our gratitude. Again, thank you!Glenn & Jem, Dunedin