13 August 2020
How we will keep us both safe
We have full procedures developed under Level 1 & 2 guidelines to keep both you and our team members safe during our visits. Some of the core principles and what you can expect are detailed below.
- Health Check Call: We will call you the day prior to your scheduled visit to check that you and your household are all feeling well, and confirm our arrival time. If anyone is unwell or in isolation then we will reschedule your visit.
- Sanitise Hands: Our team member will only be attending your appointment if they are well and on arrival will sanitise their hands before approaching your home.
- Safety on Arrival: On arrival at your home we will knock and step back 1-2 metres until you answer. After introducing ourselves, because health can change overnight, we’ll check once more that you are all still well.
- Physical Distancing: Throughout their time at your property our team members will maintain a 1-2 metre distance from you and there is no need for you to be in the same room as them if you’d prefer not to be. For insulation in particular, much of our time will be spent in the roof or underfloor.
- Face Masks: disposable face masks will be worn and are compulsory if physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- PPE: Our team will have our usual range of protective equipment appropriate to the work they normally do. No special extra PPE is required at level 2 but please let us know if you feel vulnerable and would like extra precautions.
- Low/no Touch: There are very few interior surfaces to be contacted during our visit - mainly access hatches to ceilings & underfloor and some walls or ceilings for measuring rooms or fitting vents and heat pumps.
- On Completion: We will sanitise and clean up by wiping down all surfaces we came into contact with. We’ll wash our hands with hand sanitiser and remove our PPE outside as per our COVID-19 safety guidelines.
What we ask of you
- If you become unwell before we arrive, please don’t hesitate to call. We will reschedule your visit for once you’re well again.
- If you have young children in your home it is important that they are kept away from the work areas and our team. In addition any dogs on the property must be restrained before we arrive.
- We ask that you also support the 1 metre physical distancing as well. You are welcome to move to other rooms from where we are measuring or even enjoy a cup of coffee outside in the sun until we are done. It is completely your call.
This is just an overview of our COVID-19 Safety Approach and we hope this gives you some comfort around the safety of our visit to your home.
Take care and together we can Unite Against COVID-19.