15 July 2016
Insulation & Smoke Alarm checks for Landlords
New regulations make insulation and smoke alarms mandatory for rental properties. We can help - contact us today for a property check PLUS see if you're eligible for 50% insulation funding!
New government regulations^ have made insulation and smoke alarms mandatory for rental properties and we can help with property checks PLUS you may be eligible for 50% funding for insulating your rental property/s*.
Since 1 July 2016: RTA changes now require you to declare the level of insulation in the Tenancy Agreements AND have working smoke alarms installed in all tenanted properties.
From July 2019: all rental properties must have adequate ceiling and underfloor insulation installed (where possible).
9 reasons to insulate rentals with us...
- If you’re a landlord with low-income tenants, you may be eligible for 50% insulation funding* for your rental properties. The funding level varies by region & requires that your property was built before 2000, & your tenant has a Community Services Card, or is on a low income and has verifiable health needs.
- If your tenants don’t fit into the above category, you may be entitled to other discounts (call us to find out what is available in your region).
- Pay off some of the costs on your Council Rates (depending on region).
- Quality installation from an EECA approved provider.
- Completion Certificate for installation verification.
- Free smoke alarm installed when you insulate with us.
- Finance options available - including low/no interest.
- Best price guarantee".
- We also provide quotes for heat pumps, ventilation, heat transfer systems and other energy saving products.
Don’t delay – send us the details of your properties. We’ll arrange the assessments with you, or your tenant, and send you no-obligation quotes.
Call us today on 0800 888 766 or online to book your Rental Property Check.
Act now and be one step ahead.
It has been proven that an insulated home improves the value of rental properties & helps get tenants into warmer, drier & healthier homes. It’s worth ensuring rental properties are fit for purpose and of high standard. You only have to insulate once and it will last for years to come.
8 out of 10 tenants say they are more likely to rent energy-efficient, warm and easy-to-heat homes^
Tenants will stay on average 4 times longer in a properly insulated property~
^ Regulations pending. * Conditions apply. Subsidised insulation available for eligible pre-2000 homes under EECA’s Warm Up New Zealand: Healthy Homes programme statistics taken from AC Neilson 2007 & BRANZ 2006 research.