Property Managers Support
Get your rentals compliant with the Healthy Homes Standards
Our Healthy Homes Inspections
Smart Energy Solutions now has inspection services available to support the compliance of your rental properties with the 5 Healthy Homes Standards for:
- Insulation compliance
- Heating compliance
- Ventilation compliance
- Ground moisture barrier compliance
- Draught-stopping inspection
- Drainage inspection
How we can help
- A Healthy Homes Inspection Report - An inspection and report of all ﬁve standards at your rental property to identify any compliance issues.
- A Free Quote if you already know you need insulation, heating, ventilation and more, we'll provide a quote free of charge.
- Insulation supplied, installed and audited to government standards.
- Help with any funding or finance paperwork.
- We can contact tenants on your behalf so you don't have to.
Don't wait, call our Property Managers Team on 0800 888 766 or online here.
Healthy Homes Standards brochure
To assist you in communicating with your landlords and help them commit to making their properties compliant, we have prepared a brochure and editable letter for your use.
If there is any other information that would be helpful, please let us know.
Healthy Homes Standards for Rentals
We can help make your rentals compliant with the new Healthy Homes Standards as well as warmer, drier and healthier for your tenants. Leave your contact details here and one of our friendly team will be in touch to help. We'll coordinate with your tenants and ensure your products are installed safely and your rental investment is protected.
Hate filling in forms? Call us direct 0800 888 766
We answer 24 hours, 7 days a week so call us anytime.
Finance Options for Rentals
Smart Energy Solutions has several finance options available and will help you with the paperwork to make insulating your rentals as quick and easy as possible:
- Council Rates Programmes: some councils let you put the cost of insulation and heating on your rates;
- Mortgage Top-Ups: some banks let you put insulation and more onto your mortgage;
- Westpac Warm Up Loans: borrow $10,000 interest-free for insulation, heat pumps and ventilation for up to 5 years;
- ANZ Interest Free Loan Top-Up: get 4 years interest-free loan top ups of $5,000 for insulation and $5,000 for a heat pump;
- Squirrel Money: an affordable finance option with repayments of around $21 a week;
- Q Card Finance: ask us what interest-free offers are available.
Why Choose Smart Energy Solutions?
- Experience: Smart Energy Solutions has been inspecting properties for insulation and other healthy home products since 2009. Over the last 3 years private landlords and property managers have have used our services to inspect over 95,000 properties to comply with 2019 mandatory insulation deadlines.
- National Network: With a nationwide network we can cover your full portfolio of properties via our local regional branches.
- Trained Installers: All members of our installer teams participate in St Johns First Aid, the IAONZ Stage 1, 2 and 3 programmes, the Site Safe Training (Building Construction Passport) programme and adherence to the requirements of NZS 4246:2016.
- Excellent Health & Safety records: We have a robust Health & Safety system including Impac Prequal accreditation for our key health & safety, management & training.
- Credibility: All our staff undergo H&S inspection and security checks prior to employment.
- Quality Assurance: We install and audit our insulation work to NZS 4246:2016 standards, and EECA’s Q&A Manual form the basis of our quality and training guidelines. We audit jobs independently from the install team to make sure the highest standards are kept.
- Insurance: We have comprehensive insurance policies to protect your client's properties should any damage occur.
- Warranties: We have comprehensive processes from initial contact to installing and auditing our work, to the issue of our own workmanship and manufacturers' guarantees.