Wellington - we're your local one-stop-shop for home energy efficiency
Your Wellington team of home energy efficiency experts
We opened our Lower Hutt branch in February 2015, servicing the Wellington and Masterton regions. Our team can help all homeowners (including landlords) and builders with their home energy efficiency needs - insulation, heating, ventilation, hot water management solutions, LED downlights, solar PV, and more.
We'll also let you know what funding and finance options are available for homeowners, including putting the costs of insulation and/or clean heating on your Greater Wellington Regional Council rates.
Making your home warmer and healthier is cheaper than you think!
- 90% insulation grants for ceiling and underfloor insulation, and on-ground moisture barrier are available to eligible Wellington homeowners as part of EECA's Warmer Kiwi Homes programme. If you're not eligible, we do have fantastic options to help you pay for your insulation, heat pumps, ventilation and more over time. See below or read more here.
- 90% heat pump grants (up to $3,000 inc GST) are available too - subsidy providers vary by region. Please go to the EECA TOOL to find out who can help you with a heat pump grant in your area. If you don't have any luck, please contact us as we have finance options that could help you.
- Rentals have until July 2020 to include information on their current levels of the 5 Healthy Homes Standards - we can help ensure you comply.
- Greater Wellington Regional Council's Insulation Scheme which lets you put insulation on your rates and pay it back over up to 9 years.
- Greater Wellington Regional Council's Masterton Scheme which lets you put insulation and/or a heat pump on your rates and pay it back over up to 9 years. The Masterton Scheme covers the Masterton and Wainuiomata region.
- Other finance options - our One Smart Energy Account helps homeowners and landlords pay off energy efficient products over 24 months, interest-free; ANZ Interest-Free Loans; Mortgage top-ups; Squirrel Money and Q Card finance also help make it easier to spread the payments.
Not sure what you need to make your home more energy efficient?
If you're not sure where to start or what you need, book a FREE Home Energy Plan - it's free advice without obligation so you can make an informed decision on the best energy investments for your home. Contact us today to book a visit from one of our experienced sales advisors to find out more.
Contact us today to find out how we can make your place warmer, healthier, more comfortable and energy efficient all year round.
Need information or a quote?
We give advice and quotes on a range of products to make your house warmer, healthier and more energy efficient. Contact us and our friendly team will be in touch to discuss how we can make improving your property easy.
Hate filling in forms? Call us direct 0800 888 766
We answer 24 hours, 7 days a week so call us anytime.
Our customers have said...
The sales rep was professional and kept us informed on when things would be completed.Colin, Wellington
Professional and friendly
Your company has done the insulation for the ceiling and underfloor of my house. The job was very well done. We appreciate what you guys have done for us and our house is much warmer now. I have to say thank you to the salesperson and the workers who put the blanket on. They are awesome. They are all very professional, friendly and helpful.Wei, Wellington
Fantastic service from beginning to end
Fantastic service from beginning to end. Willing to go the extra mile to get the best solution/products for us. Cannot fault them in any way - thank you so much Smart Energy Solutions!Lianne, Waikato